New Post has been published on http://styleofsound.com/the-allure-of-funktion-one-sound-in-club-promotion/
The Allure of Funktion One Sound in Club Promotion
By John Noi
Everyone knows that having good sound is one of the essential ingredients to throwing a good party and it’s no wonder that music promoters have been using variations of the tag line “with Funktion One sound” to promote their club events.
To many, the phrase Funktion One doesn’t mean anything, but to those who often attend music nights, a Funktion One sound system is a major factor that helps them pre-determine whether or not that night will sound good.
So what is Function One anyway? Without going into too many technical details, Funktion One is a maker of high quality sound systems whose products are widely used in event-based spaces such as arenas, festivals, clubs, and of course, private parties.
Over the last few years especially, Funktion One has increasingly grown a huge following with clubs such as Berghain boasting Funktion One sound systems, and even now, Funktion One systems are even sought after by audiophiles looking to power up their home environments (we hope their neighbours don’t mind).
As for the Style of Sound, we have to admit that we’re content with just a pair of headphones as long as the music is good, but for those looking for a sonic experience where the detailed elements of music literally jump out, then look out for the Funktion One tagline.
- Is putting down “Funktion One Sound” or “Played at Berghain” the better phrase to attract people to a music night?
- Should Funktion One pay club promoters money to advertise their sound systems?
- Does Funktion One blow Martin Audio ‘outta the water’?
- Should there be a t-shirt that says I Only Function 1?
- Are people who go to too many Funktion One ‘powered’ events prime candidates for hearing loss when they get older?